Summit Malibu offers the following partial list of governmental resources for information on addiction and other treatment related resources.
The U.S. Government has created the following resources for addiction treatment and support.
- The National Clearinghouse for Alcohol and Drug Information (NCADI):
- Comprehensive source of information and searchable databases on substance abuse prevention.
- National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism(NIAAA):
- Supports and conducts research on causes, consequences, treatment and prevention of alcoholism and alcohol related problems.
- National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA)
- Lead the nation in bringing the power of science to bear on drug abuse and addiction.
- Office of National Drug Control Policy (ONDCP)
- Establishes policies, priorities, and objectives for the nation's drug control program.
- The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMSHA):
- Assures that quality substance abuse and mental health services are available to people in need and strives to ensure that prevention and treatment knowledge is used more effectively in the general health care system.